Hello! It's been a while and I am glad to be back. I am finally getting back into the groove of things and getting back into the kitchen, slowly but surely.
I found this great recipe for grilled brussel sprouts on Food52 blog and thought I would share it with you. Until we meet again, enjoy this recipe!!
- 12 small to medium Brussels Sprouts
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2-1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2-1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2-1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2-1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (optional)
- First, clean the sprouts. Trim the cut ends back without interferring with the leaves, and peel any withered leaves off the bulb. Score the bottoms; one cut will suffice. Ask a question about this step.
- Then place the sprouts in boiling, salted water for no more than five minutes. NO MORE! Ask a question about this step.
- Drain, drizzle with oil and toss in a bowl with the salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and celery salt. Ask a question about this step.
- When the sprouts are nice and coated, place on a hot grill (but keep the bowl handy), turning every four minutes for a total of twelve minutes. Ask a question about this step.
- Remove from the grill back to the seasoning bowl and toss to coat with any remaining seasoning. Ask a question about this step.
- If desired, add any of the remaining ingredient (lemon zest) Ask a question about this step.